Why does that matter?
A "cooperative" is a legal entity that is organized for the purpose of conducting business on a cooperative plan and is composed of members and a board of directors. Being part of a member-owned cooperative means being a part of group larger than yourself. Support, collaboration, trust. It's a family! We strive to foster this sense of community with our Members and are there for you when you need us most.
Members are AAP’s stakeholders in how the business is owned and operated. Part of being a Member is the ability to decide on the direction of the co-op by voting on a board of directors, with nominations held once per year.
The AAP Difference
Being an AAP Member in our large co-op comprised of more than 2,000 independent pharmacies also means you're granted other benefits you would not otherwise receive without a cooperative, such as:
- Get competitive prices and high-volume buying power with no long-term vendor contracts
- Quickly adapt to changing market forces with our flexible purchasing options. Enjoy agility within your purchasing agreement as you buy from either API Warehouse and/or our primary wholesaler, to easily maintain compliance requirements.
- Earn any board-declared Patronage Dividends annually, as this process enables the return of qualified profits generated from member participation with the organization.
- Get a store-specific, custom purchasing analysis from our Territory Managers to optimize your buying strategy and profit margin.
- Enjoy access to proprietary business tools only from AAP, like ProfitAmp business intelligence, Scan & Toss ordering solution, free OTC Retail Plan-O-Grams and more!